Fancy yourself a filmmaker? Then we have some exciting news! Civic is proud to support Sutherland Shire Council as they launch the ShireABILITY Film Festival, part of the council’s celebration of International Day of People with Disability (IDPWD 2019).
After close discussion with the Sutherland Shire community, the council have launched a Film Festival as a platform designed to be inclusive of all ages and abilities, with the opportunity for all entrants to, “have a voice, tell a story and share their creative talents.“
The Film Festival is part of the Council’s wider plans to celebrate IDPWD and is a mix of targeted events, activations, organisation participation and spontaneous videos and photos.
The Film Festival is now calling for entries. Entries should focus on the theme, Ability and Inclusion, and must feature locations and/or people of Sutherland Shire area and involve at least one person with a disability.
- Entry to 2019 Sutherland ShireABILITY Film Festival is free
- Entry is open to all ages (entrants under 18 years of age must complete a permission form signed by their parent or guardian).
- Cash prizes will be awarded:
– The winning entry will receive $1500.
– Four other category prizes will be awarded at $500.
– One People’s choice award will receive $500
Winning entries will be screened at Cronulla GU Film house on Tuesday 3rd December and will be forwarded to the NOVA Focus on Ability Film Competition for 2020.
All the finalists will have their films screened at an open-air event on the lawn at Hazelhurst Gallery on Sunday 1st December 2019.
Entries close 6 November 2019 and you can visit the council website for an entry form and full list of Ts and Cs.