Aged Care Services with Civic
As a registered Aged Care provider with more than 60 years’ experience, Civic provides trusted, tailored long day and overnight respite services to aged care residents in South East Sydney. Civic provides a range of services for older Australians of all ability, including temporary respite accommodation, together with flexible residential aged care and out-of-home services in Sydney and across NSW.
Our Cottage Respite Service offers a caring and supportive environment for you to stay and recharge, affording your carer time to catch up on day-to-day life. With on-site clinicians and a full day-program, you will be able to take part in activities, access the community, or simply enjoy some time away, supported by our friendly and experienced Aged Care team.
Flexible Aged Care
As-needed, in and out-of-home support, is available for older Australians, of all ability, who may require light-touch assistance with day-to-day tasks to restore or maintain their independence, particularly in the wake of Coronavirus.
Flexible Aged Care services are available in the Sutherland Shire and are subsidised through the Commonwealth Home Supports Program, which means they are provided for free or at very low cost for participants. Services are available for eligible people living alone, with a partner or with family.
The types of services include:
- Respite for a carer for a few hours or a whole day
- Support to safely visit family and friends
- Support to attend medical appointments
- Unaccompanied shopping and help to put it away
- Accompanied shopping and help to put it away
- Food preparation at home
- Support with domestic tasks
- Support with personal care
Temporary Respite Accommodation
Civic’s Aged Care respite cottage accommodation is based in the Sutherland Shire, and welcomes guests from greater Sydney. The aged care accommodation is fully equipped for guests with limited mobility and or have dementia. Qualified and experienced staff ensure all needs are met in a friendly and supportive manner.
Accommodation features include:
- Meals: Choose whether to cook independently or have a home-cooked meal
- Relaxation: Relax with reading and craft materials
- Media room: Watch TV with other guests
- Games and activities: Play board games with staff and other guests
- Meet new people: Make new friends in a comfortable environment
- Keep in touch with friends and family: Independently visit friends and keep to a regular routine
What our clients say
“Civic staff gave the utmost respect to our father while he was in respite care. Clients were taken out on outings regularly and their meals were home cooked. They were treated as family. We felt comfortable knowing he was safe with Civic.”
– John Dobson, NSW Law Society President.