Do you need assistance with day-to-day personal activities? Our experienced support staff use a person-centered approach to understand your personal needs and to work at your own pace.
Staff at Civic are encouraged to break down daily activities into small steps and match the level of support to the individual’s needs. People gain skills and empowerment from greater participation in their own life. The aim of active support is doing things with individuals, not always doing things for them, which provides opportunities to increase levels of independence, build self-esteem and confidence.
Read about our Person Centred Active Support (PCAS) approach.
We can assist with the following tasks:
- Assistance at mealtimes, feeding, eating and drinking
- Personal hygiene and bathroom assistance
- Home care and dressing
- Visiting libraries, parks and shops
- Assistance with budgeting
- Transport training and support
- Aid to attend appointments
- Attending medical appointments
- Participating in community services
- Mobility and transferring
- Weight management including personal training
- Use of aids and appliances
- Other day-to-day tasks